Pirates! is an adaptation of the operetta without the music. On turning 21, Frederic is released from his apprenticeship with a band of soft-hearted pirates. He hears a chorus of girls and falls instantly in love with Mabel, the daughter of Major General Stanley. The pirates enter the scene and are confronted by the major general, and when he tries to divert them with a lie, they assault his house. A melee ensues, which is quashed by a comic band of policemen. More complications abound when Frederic learns that, because he was born on Leap Day (Feb. 29), a day that occurs every four years, he has had far fewer birthdays and is still indentured to the pirates! Jon Jory's adaptation has hilarious text and uses some of the brisk and comic song lyrics as dialogue.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code PM9000
- Cast Size 18
- Min. Royalty Rate $45/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 25 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619592230
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).