Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code OB4000
- Cast Size 28
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619592599
- "The show was well received by our audience. The younger audience members enjoyed the banter between the mostly younger characters while the older patrons loved the nostalgia and small town feel to the show. Fun for actors and audience alike!!"
- Review by Bill Nixon, New Horizon Community Theatre, Lanett, Ala.
- "My cast, crew, and I loved producing this show! It was easy to separate students into small rehearsal groups, and it was an easy set to build. The play is well-written and family-friendly. Our audiences enjoyed the different storylines, and Clarence and Melvin were crowd-favorites."
- Review by Andrea Johnson, Miami Trace High School, Washington Court House, Ohio
- "Since we are, in effect, a one stoplight town the material was very immediate for us. We had a great time presenting this show in the round with very little in the way of a set relying on the actors to portray the location. Audience loved it."
- Review by Stephen Phillips, NorthWood High School, Nappanee, Ind.
- "We really enjoyed producing this show! For us it was the perfect compromise of a show that could be filmed and streamed, and something that we still could sink our teeth into. "
- Review by Christopher Urban, Peru Drama Club, Peru, N.Y.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "It's important to be able to distinguish characters as they grow older, because although the adult characters don't ever change, the play does take place over 20 years"
- Tip by Nathaniel Adams, Decatur Central High School, Indianapolis, Ind.
- "The play is super cute! Just make sure you have a stoplight that can be controlled on command."
- Tip by Raymond A. Gore, Henry E. Lackey High School, Indian Head, Md.
- "Tom/Trish has to be a strong actor who can really carry the show, but all of the roles are fun ..."
- Tip by Christopher Urban, Peru Drama Club, Peru, N.Y.
|Creek Wood High School||Charlotte||Tennessee||9/23/2022||9/25/2022|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).