C'est bien! This award-winning musical for family audiences takes the classic Greek myth of Perseus and his quest for the snake-headed Medusa and resets in post-Civil War Louisiana. To save the bayou from the evil Polydectes, Percy must journey to the edge of the human world with the help of a conjure woman, Miss Anthena, and a trickster, Panther Hermes. Along the way, he meets a sword-swinging gal named Andromeda who wins his heart. Percy's adventures take him to the land of the one-eyed fantomes gris (the grey sisters) and finally to the dark heart of the swamp, the lair of the Medusa. Percy's coming-of-age is vividly told in this highly theatrical work that features songs, dance, masks and a giant alligator. The score, inspired by Cajun music, integrates music continuously in the action. Nominated for five Helen Hayes Awards, it was commissioned and originally produced by Theater of the First Amendment, George Mason University's professional theatre in Fairfax, Virginia. The original cast recording was the winner of a Parent's Choice Award.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code PA2000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583422199
Media Reviews"A triumph of atmosphere and theatrical imagination...a smart, charming show that kids and grownups can watch together." -The Washington Post
"Hold onto your hats as you pole your pirogue down the bayou and have a toe-tapping, rollicking good time!" -School Library Journal
|File Description||File Format|
|Perseus Bayou: The Search for the Cajun Medusa||mp3||Download|
|Prologue (My Son)||mp3||Download|
|Beginning of Scene 2||mp3||Download|
|Scene 3 (mid)||mp3||Download|
|Scene 7 (Party)||mp3||Download|
|Defend Yourself (scene 10)||mp3||Download|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).