The fun-loving monks of Saint Bernard's monastery are in a jam. Abbot Costello and his four beleaguered brethren have just learned that a real-estate developer is about to turn their monastery into a gambling hall called Bernie's Casino Royale. Unless the merry Men in Brown can raise $250,000 dollars by midnight, they are done for. Luckily, the Brothers have a divine plan. They've rented religious radio station WGOD for the night and are hosting a radiothon fundraiser with plenty of singing, dancing and vaudeville routines. Abbot Costello, Brother Lee Love, Brother Brooks, Brother Clarence and Brother Forte all take turns strutting their stuff, and the pledged donations from the listeners start streaming in. But, unbeknownst to the other four, one of the monks is really a devil in disguise and is out to sabotage their plan. Good and evil race to beat a midnight deadline in this hilarious hit musical.
NotesIn the credits for the world premiere of Monky Business presented by Lone Star Performing Arts Association, the part of Brother Clarence was played by Brooks "Braselman." We regret the misspelling of Mr. Braselman's name in the playbook.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code MD3000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults | Praise Groups
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Praise Group
- Genre Comedy | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9781583421789
- "Perfect mix of zaniness and great music. Orchestration and scores easy to read. FUN! A terrific start to our 49th season. A real audience pleaser -- people returned with friends and family members. Sold many season memberships for remainder of season at intermissions."
- Review by Paige Price, Village Players, Toledo, Ohio
Media Reviews"Monky Business is heavenly fun. This is a male version of Nunsense with a little Damn Yankees thrown in." -WQPT-TV
"A poisoned venison-and-whipped-cream pie, a radio mystery, a zany ventriloquist act, a witty Abbot-and-Costello-inspired routine about faith, a minor miracle and plenty of great, hummable songs all combine in a crazy quilt of monks, mayhem and merriment. Loaded with hilarious references to pop culture and songs like 'Celibacy,' 'The Mohair Rag' and 'Satan's Place' Go see it and consider yourself blessed." -Rochester Messenger
"For a couple of hours of pure entertainment and laughs, you'll want to see Monky Business." -Clinton Herald
|The Mohair Rag||mp3||Download|
|The Bible is the Greatest Book on Earth||mp3||Download|
|My Brother's Keeper||mp3||Download|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).