Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code FF3000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group | Praise Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619590298
- "Frederick is incredibly adorable! The music is so cute and fantastic to dance to. We performed it as our children’s show for the year and it was a hit! Children were telling us that they liked it better than Little Mermaid and Peter Pan! It was just the right length for elementary student attention spans. Even toddlers were entertained. "
- Review by Amber Kirby, Golden Valley High School, Merced, Calif.
"Captures all the warmth, beauty and imagination of Lionni's magical tale of an artist." —Chicago Theatre Review
"Frederick teaches that people do not live by nuts and berries alone, but need cultural warmth." —Chris Jones, Chicago Tribune
"Playful, engaging adaptation highlights importance of creativity." —Chicago Critic
"Reminds us of the importance of finding your own path, even when others may doubt the worth of such dreams." —Chicago Critic
"The message … is simple; everyone has something to offer to the world." —Chicago Critic
"The show also adds something subtle and remarkable, establishing a tranquil sense of the inevitability of change in a way young audiences can understand." —Chicago Reader
“It’s a classic disaster movie trope, applied to a charming children’s book.” —Chicago Sun-Times
“Seasonally spot-on.” —Chicago Sun-Times
“It celebrates the imagination, dreams and the ability to truly see the wonder of the world.” —Chicago Sun-Times
“Silliness and seriousness exist side-by-side. … Frederick captures both with wit and humor.” —Chicago Sun-Times
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).