Tested and perfected before many audiences, this enchanting show has been acclaimed both by children and by critics including a selection by the Los Angeles Times as one of the best shows of the year! It's a "magical" production in which actors suddenly say "I'm fire!" or "I'm a yellow submarine" and then portray what they've said. But in the midst of the fun there's substance, too, and as the Times critic suggests, "It's a children's show which celebrates the joys and dilemmas of childhood's anarchy." Especially helpful notes and directions are included as is a musical accompaniment that may be played on a guitar.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code M12000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 75 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | Community Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871292308
- "It is a fine show to be creative and teach life lessons. The kids love to do it."
- Review by Mary Everett, Pennsbury Drama, Princeton, N.J.
- "Magic Theatre is a prime example of theatre for children which creates anticipation, leading to young students' participation. It engaged them and held them."
- Review by Paul H. Johnson, Faribault High School, Faribault, MN
- "Great play for all ages. Children's material that has a wholesome message, and a lot of opportunity for humor."
- Review by Aviva Wolman, Teen Tour Theatre, Pierrefonds, Quebec, Canada
- "We used it as the final production for our two-week summer workshop. The actors ranged in age from 8 to 14. It was perfect. The music was easy enough to learn quickly, and suggested activities were great. The production was a resounding success."
- Review by Deborah Anderson, Mon Valley Actors & Artists, Monessen, Pa.
- "I use this show often because it is excellent for ensemble building. No matter if it is a children's, teen or adult audience, they always get involved."
- Review by Connie Haber, Pennsbury High School, Princeton, N.J.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We did the opening with white gloves and a black light. It added to the "magic.""
- Tip by Jane Bankston, Aragon Middle School, Houston, Texas