Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SB3000
- Cast Size 17
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 130 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871297402
- "Stand and Deliver is an excellent example of a great teaching play. The actors and audience learn about different cultures, different times, and about important moral values. This play reaches young actors in a special way."
- Review by Paul Palmore, Punahou School, Honolulu, Hawaii
- "Stand and Deliver was very much like the movie. It was a great show to perform because audiences recognize the characters and want to see how the show compares to the movie. Also, the show has many comic moments despite its serious theme. It was easy and fun to produceÑa great play for high schools! :)"
- Review by Kellerie Aldape, McLane High School, Fresno, Calif.
- "It's a great show because it teaches a great lesson on value and importance. It's a great way to include ESL students and it's a good learning opportunity both for ESL students and regular students."
- Review by Chuck Malone, Waukesha North High School, Waukesha, Wis.
- "This play was a huge success at my middle school. The audience and performers enjoyed the show tremendously. Plus, it was easy to produce in terms of sets and costumes. I highly recommend it, especially for urban schools."
- Review by Laurentino Zarate, John Adams Middle School, Los Angeles, Calif.
- "Powerful and moving drama, continues to inspire and motivate. "Those who CARE teach.""
- Review by Susan Cooper, Blue Springs South High School, Blue Springs, Mo.
- "Stand and Deliver was an outstanding selection for our school. It provides for a mixed cast with enough challenging monologues and small roles for those just starting out. This was a complete success for us."
- Review by Robyn Fowler, Northside High School, Fort Smith, Ark.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Because of the story line of this show, it's a good idea to tell teachers about it. They will encourage their students to come and watch because it's so powerful! Also, don't worry about making an expensive, elaborate set—this show carries itself."
- Tip by Kellerie Aldape, McLane High School, Fresno, Calif.
- "Casting more students than required helps create scenes for the classroom, the halls or even just for background stage business."
- Tip by Chuck Malone, Waukesha North High School, Waukesha, Wis.
|Pilot Point Opera House||Pilot Point||Texas||2/16/2024||2/25/2024|