This version of Little Women is a faithful, playful adaptation with plenty of dramatic action that will appeal to young actors and audiences alike. It is set in 1863 in New England and features four spirited teenaged sisters. Jo, Amy, Beth and Meg find ways to bring life to troubled times. With their chaplain father away serving in the Civil War and their mother doing all she can to hold things together at home, the girls employ creativity and courage to help their mother while pursuing their own passions—Jo's writing, Amy's art, Beth's service to the poor, and Meg's pursuit to become a proper young lady. Next-door neighbor Theodore "Laurie" Laurence, a lonely but charming teen, can't resist the energy and grace of these little women and helps them to endure one trial after another. In the end, Jo gets published, Amy gets to travel abroad, Beth overcomes a serious bout of scarlet fever and Father arrives safely home. Great roles for young women.
Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department for more information.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code LG4000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583427620
- "This is a manageable, approximately one hour, production of Little Women. There is only one set and social distancing was quite easy. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a classic production."
- Review by Debra Blakely, Pine Crest School, Boca Raton, Fla.
- "This heartwarming version captures the warmth of family and the message of pursuing dreams with well written characters."
- Review by Lori Hathaway, Big Rapids High School, Big Rapids, Mich.