This full-length version of Little Women is loved by directors everywhere and has had hundreds of successful productions. The play begins that memorable Christmas when Marmee leaves to visit her sick husband and Jo sells her beautiful hair to help finance the trip. It ends just a year later when the happy family is again preparing to celebrate not only Christmas but also the return of Mr. March. In between these two events, we again live, laugh, love and cry with Meg, Jo, Amy and Beth as they go through the many trials and tribulations that have made this story a classic.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code L27000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 125 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871293206
- "Great adaptation. The all female cast works wonderfully."
- Review by Jeni Yantis, Okaw Valley High School, Bethany, IL
- "This play is capable of being staged on a very limited budget and an inadequate stage Ñ our performance was proof of that! The staging is comparatively easy Ñ perfect for a young director with a limited group of performers Ğ like me!"
- Review by Joseph Pluth, Jr., Front Range Baptist Academy, Fort Collins, Colo.
- "Little Women is a wonderful play, brilliantly written for an all-female cast. It is great for young actresses to have a first chance in a "starring role.""
- Review by Julie South, American Girl Drama Team, Lee's Summit, Mo.
- "My cast fell in love with the script and embraced it. There was enough comic relief to keep the audience involved. Even the smallest roles had their moments; it was a great success."
- Review by James Schroeder, Holmes Community College, Goodman, Miss.
- "This is a tremendous play for many reasons: it is a challenge due to the lines; it is very accurate to Alcott's work; it is an added bonus for places where casting males is difficult; is has easy sets and props."
- Review by Kim Mittelstadt, Centre des Arts Watertown, Watertown, N.Y.
- "Little Women is a wonderful script to give young actresses a taste of a lead role. My students have consistently loved this play. The script is adapted wellÑit covers all of the classic moments of the story without requiring a vast amount of set changes. Perfect for a small stage!"
- Review by Julie McKinley, American Girl Drama Team, Lees Summit, Mo.
- "A touching play about sisterhood and the many phases girls go through growing up!"
- Review by Mary E. Nichols, Kanawha Players, Inc., Charleston, W.V.
- "This play was excellent to use with high school girls. It was cleverly done for an all-female cast. The girls had a fantastic time performing, and the audience loved it. There was the right mix of humor and drama."
- Review by Vicky Stigen, The Rock Academy, Northfield, Minn.