When Joan D'Arc, a shepherd in Domremy, France, 1420s, hears a voice while tending sheep one day, she can't believe whatand whomshe's hearing. But the voice is joined by others who claim they're saints and ask her to go to war for France. Now she must convince her father, her friends and her priest that she is telling the truth. But no one believes her. Finally, she sets out on her own, determined to be believed, and proves her visions to the leader of the French army. He helps her get safely to Paris, where once again she must convince the prince of France and his corrupt advisors. She instills courage in the prince to stand up for what he believes, and he gives her the entire French army to lead against the British. In a suit of armor made especially for her, she leads her soldiers to win the Hundred Years' War, using the wits and methods of the real teenage girl that she was. But when she refuses to deny the voices she heard, she is sentenced to death.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code J74000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults | Praise Groups
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590939
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "The script notes that the soldiers are invisible, but having actual soldiers helps with the progress of the action. Easy placement for understudies, helpful in moving set pieces, bringing on Joan's armor, etc."
- Tip by Tom Mackey, Merrillville High School, Merrillville, Ind.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).