John David Wellgood and Mary Helen Merriman, both painfully naive, find themselves stranded near a medieval castle on the outskirts of Steubenville, Ohio. They ask to use the phone to call the auto club, but then the bridge washes out and they're stuck for the night. Soon they meet Dr. Victor Frankenstein, Igor, The Monster, Count Dracula and his wife Natasha, Renfield, assorted female vampires, The Wolfman and his mother Mom Talbot, The Mummy and his factotum Dr. Abdul Nasser and, of course, assorted villagers. The arrival of John and Mary precipitates a crisis as each of the characters wants John and Mary (or both!) for his or her own purposes. Dr. Frankenstein wants John's brain for his creation and tells why in the song, "A Well-Trained Brain." Igor feels he won't be using his brain so, in "Play Your Hunch," he says it might as well be transferred into John's body. Then, in "All Eternity Blues," Dracula reveals his plan to add Mary to his harem--while feasting on John. Mom Talbot bemoans her fate as the mother of a wolfman in "The Things a Mother Goes Through." Written by the creators of such hits as "The Monster Mash," this musical romp offers great opportunity for inventive set design, costumes and makeup while providing your cast and audience with just plain fun!
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code I01000
- Cast Size 19
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 95 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults | Praise Groups
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Farce | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9780871294845
- "This wonderful spoof of the classic 1930's movie Monsters was a terrific hit with both the kids and their audiences. There is no question in my mind that I will do this play again and again over the years."
- Review by Alan D. Naberg, Oyster River Middle School, Durham, N.H.