An inspiring hero’s journey filled with magic and wonder begins when teenager Jack McCall faces a health crisis. His best friend, Waddy, isn’t concerned at all. But Jack cannot stop thinking about the death of his Uncle Frank and fears that he will face the same future. Reality blends with fantasy as Jack is guided into Sinnissippi Park to ask for help from the powerful friends he met there the day Uncle Frank died. In this magical realm, Jack faces a vicious troll whose games become dangerous and encounters a huge owl whose irreverent sense of humor is directed at everyone. A warrior ghost arrives to connect Jack to the history of Native American bravery that once lived in the park. The elf guardian, who balances the magic in the park, leads Jack toward finding the bravery it will take to face the powerful demon who has escaped from its prison in a massive tree. Jack begins to question whether this whole adventure is real or a figment of his imagination, but when the demon arrives and threatens Waddy, Jack finds his courage and discovers that facing this adversary just might be the key to fighting his illness. This play presents a rare excursion into epic fantasy for live theatre that celebrates friendship, courage and the power of imagination.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code S4F000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619591646
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).