Getting lost in a story is a dangerous temptation. Adam is a comic book writer coasting on his past successes in the glossy pages of Mynx and Savage. Much to his chagrin, his employer has assigned him a partner, Ket, to ensure he makes his next deadline. Ket is young and ambitious; her life was changed by Adam’s first serious graphic novel, and she aches to know what new, “important” work Adam is working on. As the duo sets to work on the 100th issue of Mynx and Savage, the fantasy bleeds into reality as the superheroes and their mild-mannered alter egos invade the artists’ space. Adam finally starts to trust Ket and shares the story he’s been hiding. It is the story of Jill and Kyle, two childhood friends on summer break who dream of superheroes. Where Kyle is frightened, Jill is brave; where Kyle is secretive, Jill insists on honesty. This is the story that tortures Adam, the story he’s been hiding from the world; it’s the origin story of Mynx and Savage. In the end, as the worlds of the children, the superheroes and the artists collide, Ket helps Adam realize that he has no future until he makes amends with his past.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code MR3000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619592254
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).