Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code GC8000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Senior Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590113
- "We loved working on this show! It allowed students a chance to explore aging and all that goes along with it. The elderly characters had the opportunity to work on some of the physical aspects of acting. The younger characters who told the stories of the elderly characters had the opportunity to really work on difficult monologues. The show's humor allowed the more difficult topics to be discussed without weighing down the audience or the actors."
- Review by Kimberly Hildack, Thomas W. Harvey High School, Painesville, Ohio
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We spent two days with some elderly folks from the area. We observed their walking, sitting, talking and other physical traits all while enjoying their "stories" about themselves. It was a win-win!"
- Tip by Kimberly Hildack, Thomas W. Harvey High School, Painesville, Ohio
"Geezers isn't a standard memory play but a fresh, warm journey of awakening or reawakening that finds each of the characters working out what roles they play throughout their lives." —Chicago Critic
"A great story with beautiful characters, poetic language and themes that will touch and reverberate in your soul for a long time to come." —Showbiz Chicago
“An exceptional, hopeful show. … The writing is funny and believable and moving.” —Breakthrough Theatre of Winter Park
“Writers will love this play. Anyone who has a story to tell (everyone) will love this play.” —Breakthrough Theatre of Winter Park
“This play doesn't preach, but it does teach, with plenty of heart and humor.” —Breakthrough Theatre of Winter Park