When Aesop's fables are given a holiday spin, you'll get a mash-up of The Twelve Days of Christmas and The Tortoise and the Hare, where the six birds of Christmas compete in a comical race—with the turtle dove winning, of course; a tiny snow mouse teaches the abominable snowman that little friends may prove great friends; Ebenezer Scrooge realizes that wealth unused might as well not exist; Santa's elves dream of a life outside the workshop as they sing a "patter poem" about their ideal careers; and even though the eight reindeer panic when Rudolph gets a cold in the nose, they learn that necessity is the mother of invention. A dozen vignettes illuminate important life lessons by reinventing the classic fables, blending humor, rhythmic elements, rapping, puppetry, poetry, song and storytelling to create a fast-paced, fun-filled show that's filled with Christmas spirit. Optional sound effects/music CD available.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code AJ9000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $100/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583428177
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).