After a horrific school shooting, a community is left to pick up the pieces. Why did this happen? The only friend of the shooter, Tad, who managed to stop the killer early in the rampage, blames himself. What's it like to be the best friend of a killer? Tortured and guilty, Tad is forced to examine his life and his relationship with his best friend—and where it went wrong. Could he have stopped the shooting before it happened? Could he have talked his friend out of it? First Person Shooter is a difficult and complex look at emotional abuse, bullying and the tragedy of being an outcast.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code FE8000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583429037
- "This is a unique perspective on a current issue that causes the audience to take a look not at the shooter, but at themselves. Well worth doing."
- Review by Jace Roscoe, Townview Theatre, Dallas, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Tad, the best friend, must be a strong actor to carry the burden of the show. The sound effects are very important to the show, and if done well, will really help drive home the message."
- Tip by Jace Roscoe, Townview Theatre, Dallas, Texas