Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code CP6000
- Cast Size 18
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583429051
- "The play offers a variety of characters that truly display what students feel and think."
- Review by Kearsten Humber, Center High School, Gary, Texas
- "This show easily set itself up for streaming. I frequently have used scenes from it in class and the students were thrilled to see it all played out. It is a show that you think you know where it is going and then it takes a sharp turn and catches you off guard."
- Review by Sarah Cline, Stephen T. Baldwin High School, Hamilton, Ohio
- "Great show. Opens up discussion about privacy and what schools can and cannot ask from students. Easily staged. Suggestion - look for levels. Classroom setting can be tricky to block."
- Review by Sheryl Gibson, Deep Run High School, Glen Allen, Va.
- "Cheaters seems trivial at the beginning, but as the story unfolds and the clues come to light, we find that it is a much deeper, darker, discussion on rights and privacy in our time."
- Review by David Roscoe, Townview Theatre, Dallas, Texas
- "The actors had great fun with this story - simple and detailed. Really gets into the kinds of school issues that come into play every day."
- Review by Joshua Kauffman, Winfield City High School, Winfield, Ala.
- "Cheaters was very easy to stage. It is high school kids playing high school kids so my students had an easy time with characters. It almost had a Crucible feel except for the ending."
- Review by Don Markham, Cleveland High School, Cleveland, Tenn.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "The coolest trick my students came up with was to use followspots for the interrogation scenes. It added an extra element that really resonated with the underlying tensions of the play."
- Tip by David Roscoe, Townview Theatre, Dallas, Texas
- "If producing this with your school, consider using teachers for the Lewis and Abramson roles. I was surprised y how many of my colleagues had acting on their bucket lists, and the students loved working with their teachers."
- Tip by Joshua Kauffman, Winfield City High School, Winfield, Ala.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).