This award-winning play beautifully examines the changing American landscape. It tells the story of one woman's struggles set against the backdrop of four wars—from World War II to the present. The Nearness of You: Young Doris and her brassy friend, Arlene, meet two soldiers heading off to World War II. Set in a dance hall, romance blooms as the characters' fears and dreams for the future are revealed. How to Boil a Frog: Set in the summer of 1969, the older, wiser Doris clandestinely meets a young man at a carnival. Early Morning: Doris is accused of a shocking crime. A tense cat-and-mouse drama ensues at the police precinct between Doris and Detective Diamantini. He feels compassion for her, yet is driven to discover the truth of what actually happened. Now Comes the Night: Doris must face a life-threatening challenge. Refusing to be discarded, she comes full circle while cared for by her daughter and a young male nurse.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code TQ2000
- Cast Size 5
- Pages 104
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583427422
Media Reviews"Times of War is at times brilliant. This is theater worth seeing!" -Metroland
"Deeply satisfying." -The Post Star
"Filled with luscious poetic imagery." -The Record
"Gripping in its subject matter and daring in its delivery." -Times Union
"This play is entertaining, absorbing and deeply moving. You'll love it!" -The Post Star
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).