As in Professor Zuccini's Traveling Tales, Sylvia Ashby has given us another versatile play that can be adjusted to fit almost any situation. For Happily Ever After, Ashby chose three stories that represent the style, philosophy, humor and color of the Brothers Grimm's tales. Prince Bristlebeard: mocks the ugliness of pride, snobbishness and haughtiness. Luck Child: taunts the evils of prejudice and greed. One Eye, Two Eyes, Three Eyes: depicts the rewards for goodness and love. The Grimm Brothers narrate the tales and unction as presenters, doing whatever guides the performance into a highly theatrical style. The general style should be playful, enjoyable to performers and audience alike.
- Type of Show Collection
- Product Code HC8000
- Cast Size 6
- Pages 56
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 65 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | High School
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780886802905
- "This play allowed us to involve more than 30 students because we split out all of the parts and had the cast "be" the set. Our parents loved it!"
- Review by Gena Lea Smith, Van Vleck High School, Van Vleck, Texas
- "This play was perfect for my introductory drama class to perform for elementary students."
- Review by Jason Martin, Wayne County High School, Jesup, Ga.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).