The Island of Dr. Libris celebrates the power of imagination with an action-packed adventure that shows that sometimes the real story starts after you close the book! What if your favorite characters came to life? Billy’s spending the summer in a lakeside cabin that belongs to the mysterious Dr. Libris. But something strange is going on. Besides the security cameras everywhere, there’s Dr. Libris’ private bookcase. Whenever Billy opens the classic books inside, he can hear sounds coming from the island in the middle of the lake. The clash of swords. The twang of arrows. The dialogue of characters. Sometimes he can even feel the ground shaking. It’s almost as if the stories he’s reading are coming to life! But that’s impossible … isn’t it? Before long, Dr. Libris’ island is populated by some of the most famous characters in all of literature: Hercules, Robin Hood, Maid Marian, The Three Musketeers, Tom Sawyer and Pollyanna. When these characters mingle, their plot lines get mixed up (and complicated by the arrival of a few comic book heroes and villains). It’s up to Billy and his magical imagination to come up with a happy ending for everybody, including himself! The Island of Dr. Libris harnesses the imaginative powers of live theatre, calling on the audience to use their imaginations along with Billy’s.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code IF7000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781619591905
- "This show is tons of fun for all ages! The audience enjoyed this play because of all the classic characters that come to life throughout the story. The cast & Crew had an amazing time playing with the suspension of disbelief and using random items to represent other items. I highly recommend this play!"
- Review by Emily Hernandez, Katy ISD, Katy, Texas
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).