This humorous, endearing tale about a little tiger named Toby, who turns pink whenever he blushes, delights both the young and young-at-heart. Toby and his jungle pals, Zelda, a sassy zebra; Gerard, a goofy giraffe; and Professor J.G.E. Gorilla, one smart ape, like Toby just the way he is. So what if he's different from other tigers. One day Toby and his friend go to a wedding. It's a wonderful celebration until the bride and groom kiss. Toby blushes and turns bright pink. Two hunters, Humpert and Hughes, see Toby and realize he's quite a find—a tiger that glows like a neon sign! Toby and his friends are captured. The hunters take them to the circus and put Toby on display. Toby and his friends are unhappy away from the jungle and locked in cages. Interaction with the audience helps Toby "Think Pink!" and put his escape plan into action. Returning to the jungle, Toby and his friends celebrate their homecoming. Zelda is so happy she gives Toby a kiss—and guess what?—the tiger turned pink!
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code TB8000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $40/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 30 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871299444
- "The Tiger Turned Pink was a big hit with all the kids! The show is fun, fast paced and easy to do with a tiny budget ... The show is short so it allows time for a talk back and with even the most basic set, the kids commented on how amazing everything looked. I highly recommend this show!"
- Review by Shalynn Reynolds, Chandler Gilbert Community College, Chandler, Ariz.