In Augusta and Noble, we meet Gabi, a 12-year-old girl who has lived her whole life amid a vibrant Latino community in the West Town neighborhood of Chicago. Gabi is starting high school across the city at Northside College Prep, where she is quickly exposed to new people and possibilities. As Gabi begins asking questions about her heritage, including the truth about her parents' harrowing journey across the border to the United States, she struggles to discover exactly where in this world she belongs. Told in English peppered with Spanish, this play for young audiences celebrates the rich history and resilience of the many immigrants who call Chicago home.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code AL6000
- Cast Size 7
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 85 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619590700
- "This story brought out much response from our audience. Family and friends connected on such a level that they felt compelled to communicate back to actors and myself about how truthful a perspective it takes on. I'm so glad we were able to experience this show."
- Review by Lauren Stenzel, Buffalo Grove High School, Buffalo Grove, Ill.
Media Reviews"It deserves loads of credit for bringing the real-world stories of undocumented parents and their children to the … stage." -Chicago Tribune
"It's certain to get some good discussions going." -Chicago Tribune
"Murillo's handling of adult subject matter (illegal immigration, sexuality, class struggle) is deft." -Chicago Reader
|San Elizario H S||San Elizario||Texas||2/28/2022||5/31/2022|