NotesNOTE: Revised pages can be found in the downloads tab.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code SH2000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 70 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583421451
- "The play was widely critically received and enjoyed."
- Review by Barbara Krajkowski, Women's Theater Company, Parsippany, N.J.
- "We produced this show at two different theatres and the audiences liked it a lot. The best audience was when we did one special "Ladies Only" night with free champagne and refreshments. We had women yelling, "Kill him!" from the audience."
- Review by Marylou Ambrose, Lakeside Players, Tafton, Pa.
- "The Smell of the Kill is a hilarious "chick" play. It is a joy to perform in and a challenge to produce. I can honestly say that each and every audience member loved the show. No exceptions! This is a crowd pleaser."
- Review by Deborah Zimmer, Theatrx, Vista, Calif.
- "It was a great script for college audiences. We had consistently strong comments on the show and got a great review in our daily paper. Clever writing, strong characters and a terrific premise made for great fun!"
- Review by Daniel Yurgaitis, Northern State University, Aberdeen, S.D.
- "The Smell of the Kill was a howling success. The play was enjoyed by over 120 retired and senior citizens. (We typically have 35 each performance.) As one senior lady said, "I voted to leave the men in the meat locker." Enough said, it was great."
- Review by Leonard Overholser, Ageless Repertory Theatre, Reno, Nev.
Media Reviews"[The Smell of the Kill] boasts lines and scenes that have the audience laughing as uproariously as The Producers." -Variety
"A very funny guilty pleasure." -NY 1 News
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).