The astonishing and glamorous Jackie Cochran soared through life. She was the first woman to break the sound barrier; she battled the military to create WASP (Women Airforce Service Pilots), 1,000 women who risked their lives flying more than 75-million miles while testing and ferrying every military aircraft flown in World War II. She was named Business Woman of the Year, became a soulmate to both Amelia Earhart and Chuck Yeager, and to this day she holds more flight records than any man or woman who ever lived. The Fastest Woman Alive whirls us through her adventurous life in dramatic and touching scenes giving us a picture of this quintessential American who began her life in hopeless circumstances, seized her dream, and achieved more than anyone imagined was possible.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code F87000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 120 min
- ISBN(13) 9781583422731
- "The Fastest Woman Alive is quick moving show that shares the story of an incredible woman in American history. Jackie Cochran achieved many firsts in an airplane in a time when few woman had opportunities to do so. Our audiences were hanging on each word as they traveled through time."
- Review by David Peterson, Chaparral HS, Castle Rock, Colo.
Media Reviews"Karen Sunde's TheFastest Woman Alive gives Jackie Cochran her due—its a thrilling smart play about a thrilling smart lady… She is, once you discover her in Sunde's wondrous bio-drama, a true American original—an Annie Oakley for the 20th century… This story is so important and interesting and well-told that it's a wonder that it's not in a Broadway Theatre." -nytheatre.com
"The time-honored belief that Army flying is for men only has gone into the ash can." -Life Magazine, July 1943
"This show is like Top Gun for women; men might not understand the fascination, but its effect is undeniable." -The Stage
|McAneny Theater at Princeton Day School||Princeton||New Jersey||11/2/2023||11/4/2023|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).