Christmas, 1977, is only three weeks away, and the ladies of the Charitable Sisterhood are preparing for Second Trinity Church's annual Christmas Spectacular … but they're having trouble staying focused on their preparations because there's a criminal on the loose—someone has stolen the baby Jesus figure from his place in Second Trinity's nativity scene. Sisterhood leader Bea Littleton is certain that the culprit is her longtime rival, Lucille Orton, from First Salvation (a place of extremely strict beliefs just up the road). Bea and the other sisterhood members decide that they need help getting to the bottom of things, and they call in honorary member and private investigator Janet Murchison to delve more deeply into things and see if she can determine who the perpetrator is. By show time, Janet is starting to think she knows exactly who is guilty of what … but the truth can't be revealed until the end of the Spectacular. As a result, we watch from both onstage and backstage, as the sisterhood performs sacred songs and satirical skits (after all, where else does Santa meet the Wise Men at the manger?). The fun doesn't let up until the hilarious revelation at the show's climax, which leaves the audience and the sisterhood filled with the very best spirit of the Christmas season.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code CR4000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 90 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults | Praise Groups
- Performing Group College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Praise Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9781619591516
“Wilson reunites the same beloved characters from the original Charitable Sisterhood. With their trademark sense of humor and wit, the ladies put their good works behind the Christmas Spectacular to solve a Christmas Eve mystery.” —Broadway World
“As its larky show-within-a-show unspools, The Charitable Sisterhood Christmas Spectacular pays off with enough guffaws to earn its place in our yuletide theater canon.” —Richmond Times-Dispatch
“Delightfully simple and hilarious … plenty of laughs … frothy enough fun to keep audiences happy for the holidays.” —Style Weekly
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).