Raggedy Ann, America's most endearing and enduring folk doll, comes to life in a production that captures the imagination. This free-wheeling romp combines simple inventive staging with an action-packed plot and lively audience participation. Through it all shines the gentle, loving spirit of Raggedy Ann. The story unfolds in a special playroom where wonderful, magical events transpire. A newcomer has arrived in the playroom, a fancy French doll named Babette. But that very evening, a certain prince Leonard-the-Looney-Hearted comes riding by on his hobby horse and whisks her away to Looney-land. Raggedy Ann knows what she must do! She and Andy climb out the window into the "deep, deep woods" to fetch Babette back home. (Patricia Thackray co-authored the animated feature-length film.)
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code R32000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871294630
- "The second night was S.R.O., with children sitting in the pitÑmany children had come back to see Raggedy Ann and Andy again! Children were screaming with laughter. If you're looking for a children's play, this is it! Vivid charactersÑfun to doÑimpossible to over-actÑno slow spots."
- Review by Alan Sawyer, Brandywine Heights High School, Topton, Pa.
- "A fun, bright showÉfull of imagination and possibilities. Raggedy Ann and Andy is a joy to costume! The characters are written full of personality. I have produced many children's theatre productions, and this is one of my favorites! A fantastic audience-participation show!"
- Review by Julie McCreight, Flinthills High School, Rosalia, Kan.
- "Such a wonderful classic script! Audiences of all ages went crazy for this one! Great opportunities for large or small casts with toys and loonies."
- Review by Angela Robbins, Cumberland County High School, Crossville, Tenn.
- "We loved it! It was an excellent script, and our audiences loved the performance. The show was very well received!"
- Review by Bradley A. Nies, BlinnCollege-Brenham Campus, Brenham, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Great show for adding beginning actors or elementary school performers to the "looney" group. A perfect show for learning professional animated make-up skills!"
- Tip by Julie McCreight, Flinthills High School, Rosalia, Kan.
|Von Braun Center Playhouse||Huntsville||Alabama||4/20/2018||4/29/2018|