Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code J42000
- Cast Size 10
- Min. Royalty Rate $110/perf
- Cost $11.95
- Approx. Run Time 55 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583425510
- "A touching and fun children's tale that gets right to the hard of what it means to accept yourself and be brave."
- Review by Rachel Carothers, Little Elm High School, LIttle Elm, Texas
- "We absolutely loved Journey to the World's Edge. My 7th grade students performed this play and really embraced the heart of Brigid's story. This play used magical characters to capture both the performers and the audience's hearts as we traveled right along side of Brigid on her quest. We used simple costumes and staging so that the characters and the story could really shine. I would recommend this play to anyone looking to engage in a meaningful conversation with their performers and audience members. "
- Review by Caitlyn Baldwin, Rollings Middle School of the Arts, Summerville, S.C.
- "It was a great opportunity to learn about Irish culture. The parents always appreciate a show with an educational slant."
- Review by Troy Scheid, Main Street Theater, Houston, Texas
- "Everyone who saw the play loved it. Adults and children were drawn into the piece. My students fell in love with it once they realized it was not a "children's story." It touched many audience members, and the message was heard."
- Review by Cathy Archer, Rutland High School, Rutland, Vt.
- "A beautifully written play; an old-fashioned folk tale told in a contemporary theatre style. My middle-school students were challenged by the narrative and choral speaking, and they loved the element of physical theatre as well as the chance to play multiple characters."
- Review by Kristin Hall, Brooks Office, Lincoln, Mass.
- "This show has so much heart and it's so unique. It's a different story that teaches kids about those who are different and accepting them for who they are. We loved finding the heart of the story and the unique challenges of the script. It also is a beautiful way to teach children about not being defined by what others think and accepting themselves for who they are."
- Review by Robert Brian Wood, Venture Youth Conservatory, Billings, Mont.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "This can be produced at any level and with any budget - it's all in the imagination of the producing director."
- Tip by Rachel Carothers, Little Elm High School, LIttle Elm, Texas