For the minister's family, growing up has tribulations that most children escape. They can't roller skate in public because some of the parishioners object. The boys cannot protect their cotton patch from a gang of "toughs" because their father opposes fighting. The daughters of the richest parishioners try to make the preacher's sons date them (or else!). The troublemaker, Miss Jones, even objects to Alyene reciting poems by Shakespeare. Weaving through all this is a delightful boy/girl complication in which two brothers want to date the same girl while their sister is being courted by a would-be musician.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code P14000
- Cast Size 15
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871296818
- "Most fun a cast ever had."
- Review by Harold Schewe, Luther Preparatory School, Watertown, Wis.
- "This play was so much fun. The story kept moving. The audience was so into it. They never felt bored in any way. We enjoyed it very much."
- Review by Mary Jenson, Mountain Valley High School, Bluffdale, Utah
- "One of the most enjoyable plays I've directed. At some points you didn't know if you should laugh or cry."
- Review by Norma Bagley, Carriage House Players, Fayetteville, Tenn.
- "So much fun we keep doing it year-after-year since the 1970's! And it never fails to entertain!"
- Review by Dan Neidermyer, Maranatha Productions, Inc., Lancaster, Pa.
- "An excellent family-friendly play for young actors. A nice balance of humor and real character development. I would highly recommend to schools that are new to theatre."
- Review by Nate Madden, Mingo Valley Christian School, Tulsa, Okla.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Have a great "Miss Jonas" and two riotous "Smith Sisters" to make the play really fly -- and fun!"
- Tip by Dan Neidermyer, Maranatha Productions, Inc., Lancaster, Pa.
|First Baptist Christian School||Elyria||Ohio||5/1/2020||5/2/2020|