Sara Crewe is one of the most beloved fictional heroines, and June Walker Rogers has brought her to life in this funny, sad, wonderfully imaginative adaptation. Audiences will identify with Sara as she begins her adventures in "Miss Minchin's Select Seminary for Young Ladies"; laugh with her as she brings happiness to others; weep with her as her fortune changes from rich girl to poor orphan; and rejoice with her when strange events bring still another reversal of her destiny.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code L40000
- Cast Size 19
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871291974
- "The play was delightful and gave the cast an opportunity to "get outside themselves" in order to dress from a different time period and speak with accents."
- Review by Beth Jacquet, Chesapeake Homeschool Network, Chestertown, MD
- "A classically faithful rendering. Easy to produce because of the simple set demands. Charming characters heavy with female roles for young girls. The family orientation and popularity gives you a sure audience."
- Review by Bonnie Adams, Step Up Performing Arts Center, Orange, CA
- "What an adorable show! The little kids love the characters!"
- Review by Amber Hugus, Seneca Valley Intermediate School, Harmony, Pa.
- "This play was a perfect choice for students in grades 3-6. It offers plenty of speaking parts and is just the right length for the age group."
- Review by Cindy Fleming-Powell, Greene Street Friends School, Philadelphia, Pa.
- "This is a wonderful production if you have more girls to cast than boys! It's well written and very faithful to the original novel. There is humor and drama and a satisfying conclusion!"
- Review by Ron Solomon, Make It Up As We Go Productions, Pearland, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Many costume changes for SaraÑhave a dresser to help her in the wings."
- Tip by Linda Grames, Bennet Middle School, Manchester, Conn.
- "We built two platforms in the back of the stage, each 8 ft. by 12 ft., with a 4-ft. "hallway" between. This was the attic and Mr. Carrisford's study. Sarah's suite and the classroom were at stage level."
- Tip by Ron Solomon, Make It Up As We Go Productions, Pearland, Texas