Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code L40000
- Cast Size 19
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871291974
- "The play was delightful and gave the cast an opportunity to "get outside themselves" in order to dress from a different time period and speak with accents."
- Review by Beth Jacquet, Chesapeake Homeschool Network, Chestertown, MD
- "A classically faithful rendering. Easy to produce because of the simple set demands. Charming characters heavy with female roles for young girls. The family orientation and popularity gives you a sure audience."
- Review by Bonnie Adams, Step Up Performing Arts Center, Orange, CA
- "What an adorable show! The little kids love the characters!"
- Review by Amber Hugus, Seneca Valley Intermediate School, Harmony, Pa.
- "This play was a perfect choice for students in grades 3-6. It offers plenty of speaking parts and is just the right length for the age group."
- Review by Cindy Fleming-Powell, Greene Street Friends School, Philadelphia, Pa.
- "This is a wonderful production if you have more girls to cast than boys! It's well written and very faithful to the original novel. There is humor and drama and a satisfying conclusion!"
- Review by Ron Solomon, Make It Up As We Go Productions, Pearland, Texas
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Many costume changes for SaraÑhave a dresser to help her in the wings."
- Tip by Linda Grames, Bennet Middle School, Manchester, Conn.
- "We built two platforms in the back of the stage, each 8 ft. by 12 ft., with a 4-ft. "hallway" between. This was the attic and Mr. Carrisford's study. Sarah's suite and the classroom were at stage level."
- Tip by Ron Solomon, Make It Up As We Go Productions, Pearland, Texas