- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code G13000
- Cast Size 17
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 105 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871294128
- "This is a great show for high school level actors. My students had fun with costuming and set design. As we enter the 2020s, people are enjoying 1920s nostalgia."
- Review by Sarah Malcolm, Northern Heights HS, Allen, Kan.
- "Many "character" parts appropriate for high school students. Witty dialogue, entertaining romantic developments. Very popular with students and families."
- Review by Margo Benedetto, Centralia High School, Centralia, Wash.
- "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes was extremely well received by the audience. This fun look back at the simpler times of the 1920s was filled with quips that prove that while times change, human nature doesn't."
- Review by Laurel M. Cortellino, Methuen High School, Methuen, Mass.
- "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes was a great play because it only required three sets, and the characters were well developed. My audiences loved it!"
- Review by Tracey Webb, Rend Lake College, Ina, Ill.
- "This is a fun show. My students enjoyed learning the dances of the '20s and creating characters that were over the top. The audiences loved the show; we had more people attending than usual."
- Review by Cathy Archer, Rutland High School, Rutland, Vt.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Drops are best to use with this fast-paced 3-act show."
- Tip by Martha Gates, Wichita High School Southeast, Wichita, Kan.
- "Comic timing is critical. The actors must own their lines; if the pacing is slow, the show will drag. Be careful with the Aunt Dolly part: there is a tendency to turn her into a caricature."
- Tip by Cathy Archer, Rutland High School, Rutland, Vt.
- "Keeping to the period of the show is important to support the attitudes of the characters regarding women voting and traveling alone."
- Tip by Candice Fonagy, Poland Seminary High School, Poland, Ohio