Kimberly-Kay doesn't believe in make-believe—she's a no-nonsense kid, too grown up to listen to fairy tales, too sophisticated to have a happy childhood. When her mother comes to tuck her in and tell her a bedtime story, Kimberly-Kay scoffs, turns over, and goes to sleep. That's when the Wind of a Thousand Tales (played by an ensemble of 8 to 34 or more actors) decides it's time to blow in and take charge. Breezes take her to Mexico for a tale about Carlos, a handsome young man who has eyes for beautiful young women only, and Corazòn, who loves him but realizes she is far too unattractive to ever win his love. A little secret: Corazòn does win his love, but you'll have to read or see Wind of a Thousand Tales to find out how. The Breezes also show K-K, a happy/sad Japanese folktale and a funny story that takes place in Central Europe. By the time she has heard the three tales, Kimberly-Kay understands a deeper sense of truth than she had found in a world without make-believe.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code WF5000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780886803506
- "Lovely! We really enjoyed the big cast and multicultural tale. "
- Review by Cassandra Epps, Duluth Middle School, Duluth, Ga.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Research each location so the students know how the people there behave. "
- Tip by Cassandra Epps, Duluth Middle School, Duluth, Ga.