Marcellus, a young Roman officer, has been exiled. In Jerusalem, it becomes his duty to crucify a Galilean. Although he believes the man innocent, he obeys. He also tosses dice for the simple homespun robe which the Galilean wore. He wins but becomes a desperately troubled man, restless and obsessed with thoughts of the Galilean and the persecuted Christians. Marcellus turns more and more to the Galilean but hesitates to accept Him as divine until, in a final scene of emotion and power, he accepts death for himself and his young wife rather than renounce his faith.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code R19000
- Cast Size 22
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Praise Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871299413
- "Our group had a terrific time with the piece. Many felt it was better than the movie and superbly written."
- Review by Richard Klassen, Oak Valley Productions, LaRiviere, MB
- "Powerful drama that challenges the priorities and commitments of the viewers."
- Review by Chris Barham, Fredericksburg Christian Schools, Fredericksburg, VA
- "As usual the quality of your play was wonderful! What a wonderful message to give hope to those who are experiencing persecution or weighty decisions."
- Review by Cindy Newcomb, L.E.A.R.N. Home School, Mickleton, NJ
- "A very overlooked show. It is an epic love story as well as a story of faith. Bigger-than-life characters make it unforgettable."
- Review by Doug Davis, Clinton County Civic Theatre, Frankfort, Ind.