Agatha Christie is spoofed hilariously as a respectable murder mystery turns into a farcical game of illusion and reality. Colonel Winthrop Wiggins and his wife Beatrice live in their typically English country home. During a blizzard which cuts them off, they receive a visit from Detective Sergeant Gallagher. He informs them that a notorious "Peanut Murderer" is on the loose. Laughs abound as Gallagher, the Wigginses and the butler Miles engage in a zany intrigue of murders, accusations and arrests. Finally the ending string of twists and reversals becomes too much for the actors to bear and they take a Pirandello step out of the play to straighten things out.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code P41000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $45/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 35 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Senior Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9780871292902
- "This was very popular. Our primary students loved the part where everyone gets shot and then comes back to life. And the adults in the crowd loved the "theatricality" of it. Our principal was still complimenting our drama club a month later!"
- Review by Louise Brazier, William Mason School, Choiceland, SK
|Cardinal Gibbons High School||Raleigh||North Carolina||5/7/2020||5/9/2020|