- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code S11000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871291837
- "Scapino! is a wonderful vehicle for teaching students about Commedia del arte, physical comedy, topping and undercutting, stock characters, and comic timing. My students have enjoyed using their high energy level in the physical lazzi [gimmicks performed by the clowns] that is a part of this show."
- Review by Jan Russell, Dubuque Senior High School, Dubuque, Iowa
- "Very successful. The fast-paced shorter version gave the students a manageable challenge. The audience loved the physical comedy. It's a wonderful opportunity for students to learn about this over-the-top farce. A huge hit!"
- Review by Steven Borowka, Hunter College High School, New York, N.Y.
- "This play worked beautifully for my sheltered theatre production. Our mix of English learners, special-ed students, at-risk youths, and mentor students had a wonderful time telling the story on stage. They really enjoyed all the laughter that came with it."
- Review by Phillip Levien, San Marcos High School, Santa Barbara, Calif.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Get the Frank Dunlop & Jim Dale production book, too. It's got interviews and the original blocking. Very interesting and helpful!"
- Tip by Phillip Levien, San Marcos High School, Santa Barbara, Calif.
|Progreso High School||Progreso||Texas||3/10/2020||3/11/2020|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).