Peter Marshall has gathered into his home the young people of the community. He makes their joys and sorrows his own. His wife knows how ready he is to overtax his strength on behalf of others, but he good-humoredly evades her efforts to shield him. To Peter Marshall, life is service. Sometimes this means he gives offense to the more conservative elements in the church. Two elder members are scandalized when they walk in on their minister illustrating (with the tea cloth on his head) how to play the role of an Arab sheik. He even opposes a distinguished senator when he finds him determined to jail a boy who has erred but is now ready to live honestly. Although he has even more serious problems, we see his indomitable spirit triumphing over every threat. This is a splendid play to give in any community and one so different in its appeal that it attracts unusually large audiences.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code M14000
- Cast Size 15
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 105 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871296931
- "A Man Called Peter is the most moving play I have ever produced. It's an excellent play for a high school."
- Review by Steve Bowen, Madison High School, Rexburg, ID
- "Strong story line, wide range of characters, very well received by large audienceÑworked very nicely for dinner theatre formatÑcompletely successful in every wayÑwonderful experience!"
- Review by James Butch, Christ United Methodist Church, Middletown, Ohio
- "A fun drama with a little bit of everything -- laughter, tears, reflection and joy."
- Review by Cindy Newcomb, L.E.A.R.N. Home School, Mickleton, NJ