Remember the good old days of radio—when people had to use their imaginations—when the mind was a stage? Those days are back—only better! You can SEE as well as HEAR radio programs. A British inventor travels in his time machine to the future, where he finds that the human race has not progressed as expected. He encounters a race of people called Eloi who enjoy a life of "mindless abandon," but, as he soon discovers, that life comes with a price.
NotesPLEASE NOTE: This title is in unbound manuscript format. Upon licensing, a permission to photocopy form will be issued.
Limited Streaming Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
Some of the advantages to producing radio plays:
One Simple Set—A radio station—made up mostly of drapes, a control booth (if desired), mikes, and sound effects equipment.
Less Wardrobe—no changes of wardrobe are necessary.
Less Staging—actors simply stand at mikes most of the time.
Less Rehearsal—actors don't memorize lines—they just read them.
Fewer Cast Members—one actor plays many parts.
No Props—only scripts.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code TC5000
- Cast Size 9
- Min. Royalty Rate $85/perf
- Cost $39.95
- Approx. Run Time 65 min
- ISBN(13) 9780871299703
- "The radio shows are fun and easy -- we have five rehearsals, then perform. The sound effects are fun to research and test. The sound effects people are the busiest folks in the show! The radio shows appeal to all ages -- the older folks enjoy the nostalgia, the younger folks are introduced to a whole new style of entertainment."
- Review by Sandi Ceason Weber, LaCrosse Community Theatre, LaCrosse, WI
- "The show was very educational for my studentsÑthe audience was very appreciative. Our older patrons remarked that it reminded them of radio dramas. The younger crowd just loved it. I liked that it introduced a new genre to my students."
- Review by Bob Wagner, Barton College, Wilson, N.C.