The Red Rose is an innovative, entertaining and emotionally relevant treatment of the Beauty and the Beast theme for modern audiences of all ages. It is elegantly simple in its use of the bare stage with minimal props and highly theatrical in its use of masks, mime and sound. Thematically it concerns itself with what lies below the apparent surfaces of people and events, as well as with the journey of learning how to love. A delightful and touching play for all audiences.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code R42000
- Cast Size 3
- Min. Royalty Rate $35/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group College Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583424957
- "This charming retelling of the Beauty and the Beast tale worked wonderfully on tour to local elementary schools."
- Review by Patrick Benton, New Stage Theatre, Jackson, MS