Schoolgirl Kate thinks war is exciting and loves pretending she's a fighter pilotuntil one day her grandfather gives her a gift of a Japanese samurai sword from World War II. This gift changes her life, as along with the sword comes the ghost of its owner, the Japanese soldier Captain Kuroda, who takes up residence under her bed. Through her adventure with the captain she learns that wartime experiences are not games and actually helps to reunite the captain with his wife and son who are living in Japan. With the aid of the captain, she also has fun pitting wits against her enemy, the school bully, Needletop. Although the issues of the play are serious, dealing as it does with themes of war, courage and cowardice, Kamikaze Kate is an enjoyable, colorful, larger-than-life theatrical romp.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code K23000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $35/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780871290557
- "Cute play that the whole audience will enjoy with a nice message about the realities of war."
- Review by Carol Zornes, Nevis Public School, Nevis, MN
|New Diana Junior High||Diana||Texas||12/3/2019||12/6/2019|