Welcome to Future, an unincorporated village being monitored by Society. The village population—five randomly selected children—is driven by a national effort to develop “appropriately adapted young citizens.” Upon arriving, the residents are given a book bag of supplies and a smartphone. The smartphone is their only connection to mainstream America and is constantly fed with a steady stream of news, entertainment and culture. At the end of each day, the residents meet to share what they’ve learned. A countdown clock looms over the meeting area and continues counting down. Having lived in Future for 12 years, the residents are now 18. It is their last day together, their final meeting under the clock. Their book bags are well-worn, their smartphones are in need of an upgrade. Today, at 00:00:00, they will learn of their next residence outside of Future.
Digital Script and Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department to order or for more information.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code FG1000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619592247
- "I enjoyed putting this show together. Just be aware that you MUST have a minority character in Actor I's role otherwise the show does not read well."
- Review by Taylor Wentworth, Princeton High School, Princeton, Minn.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).