The story of The Yellow Boat is a glorious affirmation of a child's life and the strength and courage of all children. This dramatization is based on the true story of David and Sonja Saar's son, Benjamin, who was born with congenital hemophilia and died in 1987 at the age of 8 of AIDS-related complications. A uniquely gifted visual artist, Benjamin's buoyant imagination transformed his physical and emotional pain into a blaze of colors and shapes in his fanciful drawings and paintings. A Scandinavian folksong tells of three little boats: "One was blue, one was red and one was yellow as the sun. They sailed far out to sea. The blue one returned to the harbor. The red one sailed home, too. But the yellow boat sailed up to the sun." Benjamin always concluded his bedtime ritual by saying, "Mom, you can be the red boat or the blue boat, but I am the yellow boat." Benjamin's remarkable voyage continues to touch audiences around the world. Recommended for children age 8 and older, parents, families and adults. Music in book. No additional cutting is allowed.
Our downloadable Logo Pack will make promoting your show a breeze!
Click here to learn more.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code Y31000
- Cast Size 5
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Drama | Tragedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583427095
- "Amazing story. Amazing play."
- Review by Ryan Nored, Erskine Academy, South China, Maine
|Corner High School||Dora||Alabama||9/28/2018||6/29/2019|
|Holland Christian Schools||Holland||Michigan||4/26/2019||4/27/2019|
|South Grand Prairie H S||Grand Prairie||Texas||4/27/2019||4/27/2019|
|Belle plaine high school performing arts center||Belle Plaine||Minnesota||4/26/2019||4/27/2019|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).