Set in Cornwall in the 1880s, this is the timeless tale of Frederik, the "poor wan'dring one," mistakenly apprenticed to a pirate ship, and the fair Mabel, daughter of the "very model of a modern major general," for whose love he must defeat the pirates. This is a faithful adaptation of Gilbert and Sullivan, appropriate in vocal range and lyric manageability to younger performers from middle elementary to middle high-school years. Instrumental backings have been adapted from Sir Arthur Sullivan's original orchestral score. There's everything you need to give your students a wonderful theatrical experience with the most enduring music theatre team of all time. Officially sanctioned by the D'Oyly Carte Opera Company of London. A wonderful farce and comic send-up of all things heroic and operatic. "Tarantara!"
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code PA5000
- Cast Size 12
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 60 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School
- Genre Comedy | Farce
- ISBN(13) 9781583423134
- "This fantastic adaptation of such a classic work is an excellent introduction to the G&S catalog! It's a show that stands on it's book, with no need for flashy sets or elaborate costumes."
- Review by Justin Lee, Heritage High School, Broadlands, Ill.
- "Terrific adaptation for young actors and young audiences—the perfect length, well-edited music, excellent character development—perfect introduction to Gilbert and Sullivan!"
- Review by Becki Toth, Saltworks Theater Co., Pittsburgh, Pa.
|Pour the Pirate Sherry||mp3||Download|
|Poor Wand'ring One||mp3||Download|
|Recitative and Major General||mp3||Download|
|A Policeman's Lot Is Not a Happy One||mp3||Download|
|Pope Francis Global Academy||Chicago||Illinois||3/31/2023||4/1/2023|