Junior Claus is the only son of Santa and Mrs. Claus. Like many teenagers, Junior is reluctant to take over the family business. Unsure of himself, Junior puts more faith in his technological inventions than in good old-fashioned Christmas magic, much to the chagrin of his father. But, when a sudden drop in Christmas spirit renders Santa incapable of making the great ride, Junior must take the reins. Meanwhile, a scheming, miserly elf takes advantage of Santa's absence as he plots to turn the workshop into a for-profit enterprise. Together with his overly cheery elf best friend, a gregarious penguin and a host of colorful characters, Junior must learn the true meaning of Christmas in time to save the day. With a tuneful score, a flexible cast of beloved Christmas characters old and new and a Pixar-esque tone, Junior Claus is a comedic holiday adventure for the whole family. "There's some unexpected depth in Junior Claus.
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code J68000
- Cast Size 6
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 85 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults | Praise Groups
- Performing Group Elementary School | Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | TYA | Senior Theatre | Touring Group | Praise Group | Dinner Theatre
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9781583429082
- "The play is phenomenal. For the most part, the play was fairly easy to produce. While there are several scene changes they are mostly simple, straightforward changes. The music and lyrics are beautiful. We had received many comments from audience members (and cast members) on how much they enjoyed this show and the music."
- Review by Jeffrey Van Iderstine, Hilltown Players, Inc., Berne, NY
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "The Accompaniment CD, is just the accompaniment. There are no vocal tracks to hear how the songs are meant to be sung. For many groups that may be acceptable as they have a musician on hand that easily reads sheet music. That proved much more difficult for our small group. "
- Tip by Jeffrey Van Iderstine, Hilltown Players, Inc., Berne, NY
Media Reviews"Yes, it's full of the typical silly jokes, catchy songs and bright costumes … but when … Junior says it's hard to live in his father's shadow, you feel something deeper than in your average cartoon. Who, no matter what age, doesn't hope to fulfill a parent's expectations?" -Orlando Sentinel
|3- How to Be a Claus
|6- Making Make Believe
|7- New North Pole
|8- Saving Christmas