The irresistible excitement of George M. Cohan's music and the period charm of his most enjoyable libretto are put into a modern school situation and with this you have the best of all (musical) worlds! "Let's do a musical!" is the cry from the members of the school's drama club. The problem is, which one? This common dilemma is solved by the appearance of an old theatrical trunk filled with the memorabilia of early show business days, such as some George M. Cohan props: his derby straw hat and cane and a script of 45 Minutes from Broadway. Miss Templeton, the teacher, and Jason, the student director, guide the cast through the auditions and casting and presentation of the old Cohan musical. This is an example of a show within a show, complete with such rousing George M. Cohan numbers as "I'm a Yankee Doodle Dandy," "Give My Regards to Broadway" and "You're a Grand Old Flag."
- Type of Show Musical
- Product Code F06000
- Cast Size 13
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 80 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy
- ISBN(13) 9780871298720
- "This musical was a perfect choice for our small town audience. We had a lot of fun producing this timeless classic. My students had a blast!"
- Review by Becky Loften, Brush High School, Brush, Colo.
- "Fun musical with lots of leads and easy set! Familiar music which our audience loved!"
- Review by Mary Miller, Boothbay Region High School, Boothbay Harbor, ME