Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code WK5000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $55/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 40 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama | Satire
- ISBN(13) 9781619592551
- "This was a WONDERFUL show to do in the post-pandemic era! ... I always enjoyed this story and the positive message it presents is perfect for this age! I hope to do more of this style of show as we work towards a more certain future with the return of live theatre."
- Review by Shane Miller, Biglerville High School Drama, Biglerville, Pa.
- "This is a fun show with lots of opportunity for comedic experiment."
- Review by Christopher R Michael, Henry High School, Minneapolis, Minn.
- "Was a great script for my student to perform remotely through Zoom. We had fun creating a school logo with virtual backgrounds for each student. This script allows opportunity for great sound design and digital editing. Thank you!"
- Review by Lindsey Link, North Myrtle Beach High School, Little River, S.C.
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We were able to stage it quickly and efficiently on our main stage. We used some rear projections for the people that were "in the field" and kept the broadcasters on one area of the stage. The students used their own creativity with costuming and also props. "
- Tip by Shane Miller, Biglerville High School Drama, Biglerville, Pa.
- "We did this show as a zoom play. We broke up into four scenes shot separately and added sound effects in post. ... We used the waiting room for entrances and exits, which worked well, but the actors had to stay focused when not in the meet. "
- Tip by Christopher R Michael, Henry High School, Minneapolis, Minn.
- "Sound effects are essential. We created most of the alien sounds, as well the broadcast interference sounds, using a theremin."
- Tip by Glenn Weyler, Galileo Magnet High School, Danville, Va.
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).