The spirits of William and Mary, a teenage couple, awaken into a void. As they question where they are, they begin to relive their first meeting at a New Year's Eve social, the initial giddy courtship and the overwhelming passions of first love, the pangs of a six-month absence from each other, an unplanned pregnancy and the guilt and shame of a young man living in a rural community in which respectability is of utmost importance. Although they try to nourish their love amidst the confusing emotions and events of their lives, misunderstanding and fear create terrible consequences, turning William and Mary's romance into stunning tragedy. Tuesdays & Sundays was inspired by a true love story that took place in 1887 in the farming community of Margate on Prince Edward Island.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code TG5000
- Cast Size 2
- Min. Royalty Rate $50/perf
- Cost $9.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Professional Theatre | Touring Group
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583423769
- "A powerful play with lots of depth. Topics are handled creatively and sensitively. A wonderful opportunity for experienced actors."
- Review by Bob Ramseur, Newnan High School, Newnan, Ga.
- "This is a wonderfully written play that takes you on a journey; and after it's over, you are left wanting more. I loved that with very little stage directions it was left up to us on what we wanted to create. I love that this play will be done in many different ways."
- Review by Leanne Keys, Kamsack Players Club, Kamsack, Saskatchewan, Canada
Media Reviews"A little jewel-like thing…haunts you long after you have left the theatre." -The Guardian
"A play of awesome power." -Albuquerque Journal
"Breathtaking…brilliant." -Vancouver Sun
"Immediate and intense." -Victoria News
"Wonderfully written…it captures the way you grow up into life, with all its darker colors, tension, complexities…elegant, and mysterious…an amazingly assured script that takes young love gradually, unobtrusively into the darkest terrain." -Edmonton Journal