Sisters Bonnie and Claire have spent their lives estranged. At 16, Claire ran off to New York to pursue a career in acting, leaving her older sister, Bonnie, to care for their aging parents. Forty-five years later, their parents now gone, Claire is forced to move back home with Bonnie, who bitterly resents the intrusion while denying the evidence of her own decline. The sisters' young niece, Zoe, tries to help them while urging reconciliation, but there's a lot of stubborn history blocking the road. Moving through 10 years, the first act uses a series of minor automotive mishaps to chart Bonnie's ever-diminishing capacities, while the second act follows them in one last attempt to attain the freedoms that are rapidly fading. With most of the action taking place in cars, this play is a literal journey through the practicalities and the pitfalls of aging, agency and admitting when we need someone.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code BM9000
- Cast Size 3
- Min. Royalty Rate $90/perf
- Cost $10.95
- Approx. Run Time 100 min
- Target Audience High School | College and Adult | Senior Adults
- Performing Group High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre | Professional Theatre | Senior Theatre
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781619592896
|Edgemont Junior-senior High School||Scarsdale||New York||6/9/2023||6/9/2023|
- Each poster includes a text box which allows you to customize it with your production information. Once a poster has been opened, position your mouse over the lower third portion until you see a label with instructions on entering your production information. Use the Text Select Tool to customize your poster.
- You can print the poster in its original format and hand write your information.
- Your local copy shop should be able to create prints from a file saved to disk. They might even be able to increase the size of the poster for you (although some loss of resolution will occur).