Four school girls arrive at a dilapidated, lonely old house planning to meet Rosanda, great-aunt of one of them, and spend two nights making up ghost stories. The point: Rosanda, who has lived in France for many years, now wants to return to her childhood home and advertise haunted house tours to make money. Rosanda arrives and describes a long-ago, imaginary murder that took place in an old chest in the room. The girls' fears continue to rise after Rosanda leaves, and they take turns telling ghost stories which culminate in the near death of one girl in the old chest. Exhausted and asleep at last, the girls are unaware that when they awake and hurry away they will see the real ghosts of Rosanda, her French maid, Yvette, and their mutual lover, Chadwick. The murder was real, and the house is already haunted.
Livestream and Record & Stream Rights Available
To review some frequently asked questions about streaming, please click here.
To apply for livestream or record & stream rights, please complete this form.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code GB5000
- Cast Size 8
- Min. Royalty Rate $40/perf
- Cost $7.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages) | Senior Adults
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | TYA | Touring Group
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9780886800710
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "Make sure that you have a large chest that actors can fit in and make sure it has a hole in the back for performers to be able to sneak out of it."
- Tip by Kathleen Horrigan, Lawrence Central High School, Indianapolis, Ind.
|Ann Sobrato High School Performing Arts Center||Morgan Hill||California||10/27/2023||11/4/2023|