Kindness offers an unforgettable lesson in compassion and listening to one another. It sensitively captures the reality of children's feelings as it tells the story of three kids, Tessa, Damon and Keegan, as they navigate the small and large catastrophes in their lives. Mr. Foon spent a week interviewing kids in five Winnipeg schools about what mattered to them. He discovered the importance to children of giving and receiving, compassion, generosity and unconditional love, and these responses provided the foundation for Kindness. "We discussed their families and friends, their loves, their hates, their fears, the empty spaces in their hearts," said Mr. Foon. "What struck me was that no matter what their difficulties—and some were huge—many of these kids had enormous compassion for each other and the world around them. Some showed it by supporting a friend in need, others had begun fundraising efforts for worthy causes. These kids, barely alive a dozen years, got me thinking about those empty spaces—and how all of us need to find ways to fill them."
Livestream Rights AvailableContact our customer service department to order or for more information.
- Type of Show One-act Play
- Product Code K35000
- Cast Size 4
- Min. Royalty Rate $45/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 45 min
- Target Audience Young Audiences | Middle School | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | College Theatre | TYA
- Genre Comedy | Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583426067
- "Kindness was a very good play to discuss characterization with teenage students. The cast spent a lot of time making characters believable and relating their situations to lives of students in their school. This play produced great discussion and rapport among its actors."
- Review by Geri Pottinger, Cardston High School, Cardston, AB