Among her schoolmates, Bernadette Soubirous' habit of daydreaming makes her seem stupid. Strict Sister Vauzous, who teaches the girls, finds her a trial. But when Bernadette goes out to gather wood, a beautiful vision appears to her. The report of the vision comes as the last straw to her parents, who believe Bernadette is lying and punish her. Soon the mayor and the chief of police, for the "dignity" of their town, attempt to compel Bernadette to deny her visions. However, she remains true to her visions and enters a sisterhood. There she finds herself under the strict discipline of Sister Vauzous, who has always distrusted her sincerity. In a magnificent finale, even Sister Vauzous accepts the divinity of Bernadette's vision.
- Type of Show Full-length Play
- Product Code S45000
- Cast Size 18
- Min. Royalty Rate $80/perf
- Cost $8.95
- Approx. Run Time 110 min
- Target Audience Middle School | High School | College and Adult | Family (all ages)
- Performing Group Middle School | High School | College Theatre | Community Theatre
- Genre Drama
- ISBN(13) 9781583420072
- "A marvelous play that was perfect for our audience! Religious subject handled with grace. There was time for tragedy and comedy. The end is so powerful."
- Review by El. J. Arntson, St. Mary's Central High School, Bismarck, ND
Hints, Tips, and Tricks
- "We did this on a bare stage with only set pieces and lights to define the scenes. Our rock was great. We used a chair as our base with chicken wire and muslin."
- Tip by El. J. Arntson, St. Mary's Central High School, Bismarck, N.D.
|Our Lady Seat of Wisdom College @ Madawaska Valley District High School||Barry's Bay||Ontario||2/7/2020||2/9/2020|